Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's early...

Very very early. Don't think for a minute this establishes a pattern...

Judging from the news these past few months, it seems to have become a Bush family tradition that whichever family member is President must not only invade Iraq but also wreck the economy. At this rate we can expect Junior to invade Somalia around December or so. And on the bright side, if Jeb ever runs we'll know exactly what to expect.

Seriously, though, I've been perusing any number of analysts trying to make some sense out of the current economic brouhaha, and I can only find two basic opinions:

Opinion 1: The Fed's rate cut slowed the bleeding, but curing what ails the economy will be relatively slow and fairly unpleasant.

Opinion 2: "Remain calm! All is well!"


Judging from the number of folks who insist on option #2, the only safe investment for the time being would be Thorazine futures.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Perhaps we, as a country, need Brandy to post more things that we can buy and less of you, Will, writing about things we don't want to, such as politicians.

Will said...

Thanks for your input. I'll leave that up to Brandy to decide when she returns, she being the boss and all.

Will said...

Or maybe I could blog about buying politicians?