I'm convinced that if Hell exists, it somehow involves spending all eternity being shackled to Joe Scarborough and Chris Matthews as they analyze election results. The only upside to this is that I would actually be interested in hearing how they spin being cast into the Lake of Fire as being good for Rudy Giuliani's campaign. Because, according to these two, everything is good for Giuliani's campaign. In fact, I've decided to save time by just using the acronym GfG - Good for Giuliani.
Coming in fourth in New Hampshire? GfG!
Keeping a low profile until Florida? GfG!
Hillary winning New Hampshire? GfG!
McCain winning New Hampshire? GfG!
Natural disasters spreading chaos throughout the land? GfG!
Godzilla rampaging through downtown Tokyo? GfG!
The voice of God booming "Rudy Giuliani is the AntiChrist"? GfG!
In sum, every single thing that happens on the face of the earth is, according to Scarborough and Matthews, beneficial to Giuliani's electoral fortunes. Everything. There is literally nothing they can't somehow spin into a benefit for the Rudester.
It's the kind of phenomenon that you initially think might make a fun drinking game - take a shot every time you hear the phrase "Good for Giuliani" - until you realize that everyone playing will wind up in the emergency room from alcohol poisoning after the first ten minutes.
I have some free time this afternoon and evening. Whether I do laundry or go to dinner with a friend or simply lie flat on the floor, sucking up oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide, I will bask in the warm glow that comes with knowing that whatever I do will be GfG.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment